Communities Privacy Notice
January 16, 2006
use Netmite's products and services, including information provided when
you use the Netmite Toolbar. In addition, the following describes our
privacy practices that are specific to the Netmite Toolbar.
Information we collect
- The Netmite Toolbar automatically sends only minimum information to Netmite to allow the operation of Netmite Communities and does not send any information about the
web pages you visit to another other people. You do not need to provide any personal information in order
to download and use the Netmite Communities including Netmite Toolbar or Sidebar.
- We do not associate any of the information that Toolbar
sends with other personal information about you. Even in case that a URL or other page information sent to Netmite may itself
contain personal information we do not keep it to track your activities online..
- The Netmite Toolbar contacts our servers periodically in
order to obtain automatic updates to the latest version, or as part of
the uninstall process.
- We process your requests in order to operate the Netmite
Toolbar and servce your request. For example, by knowing which web page you are viewing, the
Community feature of Netmite Toolbar can show you what others in ther web has comments to this particular web page.
- Likewise, by knowing the web page you are accessing,
Netmite Communitiies can link you with thousands or millions other users in the world that are accessing the same web page or web site as you.
- The only way that another user get to know you is that he also watching the same web page as you are. It is just like a chat room - while you can see others, others can also see you.
- This is similar to Netmite's PageRank, SpellCheck and AutoLink.
- In addition, we use log information about aggregate
Toolbar usage to improve the quality of Toolbar and other Netmite
- We will NEVER release your PERSONAL PRIVATE INFORMATION to 3rdparty without your agreeement.
- We weill never ask you to provide sensitive personal information such as Credit Card number, username or password.
- Any information sent to Netmite will be maintained in
accordance with the Netmite
You have total control of your privacy at any time
- You may choose to be invisible mode so other users will not see your presences at any web page.
- For some web pages, You may also temporarily disable connecting with the Netmite Communities.
- You may also add some web urls to be excluded from sharing with others.
- You can disable and reenable Netmite Communitiyes at any time
by selecting "Disable" button under Netmite Toolbar, However, doing so will also prevent you to access all features of Netmite Communities, including chatting with others, share opinions, post/review comments and tagging for any web page..
- When Connecting with Netmite Communities, you will see
visible indications in your browser.
Netmite adheres to the US Safe Harbor privacy principles. For
more information about the Safe Harbor framework or our registration,
see the Department of
Commerce's web site.
For more information about our privacy practices, or
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com